Healthy Living Program
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Healthy Living Program commenced April 2007. The vision of the program is to promote, encourage and support healthy lifestyle changes in remote areas of SA, focusing on increased physical activity and improved dietary intake. The program aims to motivate people to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
The HLP trainers visit remote communities across 4 footprints on a regular basis.
The 4 footprints are:
- Flinders Ranges- Copley, Blinman – Visit monthly
- Coober Pedy – Oodnadatta- Visit monthly
- Far West- Ceduna, Yalata, Penong, Scotdesco- Visit twice a month
- Roxby Downs- Andamooka / Marree - Visit twice a month
The target group is flexible however an emphasis is on encouraging people who have predisposing factors of chronic disease or who have chronic disease.
The method of delivery is determined by the community and the enthusiasm of the client group.
The HLP trainers offer people:
- 1:1 Living Well Program
- Lifestyle health check
- Exercise programs
- Nutritional advice and weight loss support
Please phone 1800 813 318 to confirm dates Lifestyle trainers visit your area.